London Rock Tours > Eric Clapton – ‘Looking for God’
Eric Clapton – ‘Looking for God’
Life and Career of a Superstar
Eric Clapton’s career spans five decades with London providing both the starting point of his amazing career and many watershed moments along the way.
What better way to discover it than on this full day tour with a knowledgeable rock music guide! You’ll discover his roots and influences; learn about his musical development; see the sites and locations that marked his progress such as studios, gigs, management offices etc; learn about his sometimes controversial life and loves; enjoy seeing parts of London that you’d not normally see, and en route, ‘meet’ names from London’s cultural scene spanning the psychedelic 60s to the present.
On this unbeatable day you’ll see:
- Richmond’s Crawdaddy Club – The Yardbirds first residency;
- The pretty Thames riverside Eel Pie Island location;
- The famed Ealing Blues Cub, where Clapton played with Alexis Korner’s Blues Incorporated;
- ‘The Flamingo’ club: where Eric became ‘God’;
- Clapton’s Notting hill Gate, Chelsea and Kew homes;
- The Soho clubs where his reputation as the ultimate blues player grew;
- Important locations connected with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker’s pre-Cream careers;
- The Royal Albert Hall; scene of both Cream’s final and comeback gig, and where Eric hosts his annual concert series;
- The Beatles Saville Theatre where Cream broke the London scene;
- Chelsea’s Peasantry; Clapton’s office and where Pete Brown (Cream lyricist), hippy artist Martin Sharpe, and other ‘names’ lived; Clubs and venues played in his formative years when part of London’s ‘underground’ scene; Studios where Cream, The Yardbirds and Clapton as a solo player and super-session man recorded, including The BBC, Decca, Abbey Road, Trident and Ryemuse;
- See the Rainbow Theatre where Clapton recorded his 1972 ‘comeback’ concert live;
- See locations and sites associated with Clapton’s contemporaries and collaborators; the Stones, George Harrison, Hendrix, Jeff Beck, and others.
To make a reservation send your date request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
09.00 to 17.30
This tour is only run on special request on a day of your choice.
The costs depend on the number travelling and start at £345 for a car with up to 4 persons travelling.
Departs from the Original Tour Visitor Centre,
17-19 Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square.
See map for directions.
Nearest Underground Station:
Piccadilly Circus or Charing Cross.